TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing Post Office House to make a reservation. We look forward to welcoming you. By making this reservation you are entering into a legally binding agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
1. These Booking Terms apply to Post Office House Bed and Breakfast, (‘We’/’Us’/’Our’) and the person making the Booking or to whom We supply services in respect of the Booking (‘You/Your’). These Booking Terms are governed by English law and apply to all Bookings except where We agree in writing other terms. By making a Booking You are deemed to accept these Booking Terms and Conditions.
Arrival and departure
2. Check-in time is between 16:00 (4 pm) to 18:00 (6 pm), and check-out time is up until 10:30 (10.30 am), unless We have agreed otherwise. Please give us an estimated time of arrival, and call us on 01668 219622 if you are delayed and/or will be arriving later. Arrivals after 22:00 (10 pm) cannot be accommodated (with the exception of unforeseen circumstances).
Conditions of stay
3. We cannot accommodate: pets, children under 12 years, divers, stag or hen groups.
4. Post Office House Bed and Breakfast is designated entirely ‘non smoking’. If you choose to smoke outside the house, within the grounds or vicinity, you agree to dispose of smoking materials with consideration. No cigarette ends or used smoking materials are to be disposed of anywhere within the house, or within the grounds. Failure to comply with these ‘no-smoking’ conditions may incur a ‘deep cleaning’ charge.
5. The use of Candles and Similar Items that require burning including Incense sticks and Aromatherapy products are strictly forbidden in the guest rooms as this requires the use of a lighter or matches. Not only is this a fire hazard to both Guests and the Owners, it would invalidate Our Buildings/Contents Insurance and Public Liability Insurance. Any damage to fixtures and fittings in the rooms, found on Guest departure, the full cost of replacement will be incurred by the Guest.
6. The use of hair tongs/straighteners may be used and heat mats are provided but these must not be left unattended if switched on, or left on beds or chairs. This can create a fire hazard. Guests must ensure that the appliances are switched off and prior to the Guest leaving the room.
7. We reserve the right to terminate Your Booking immediately, without being liable for any refund or compensation, if you engage in behaviour which, in our view, is unacceptable or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests.
8. You agree to take all reasonable care whilst staying in our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages caused by Your act, omission, default or neglect. We ask that you report any incidents of damage, spillages etc as they occur (where this is practicable) or as soon as possible thereafter, so that we may take remedial action as quickly as possible.
9. We may choose not to charge for minor incidents, but We will charge You for any replacement, repair or extra cleaning which We deem necessary resulting from any reckless, careless or inconsiderate use of the property and its contents, or of the items (including linens, towels and gowns) provided for your use.
10. We may make an additional charge of £50 if You did not report an incident of damage in a timely manner.
11. You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any damage or loss. We reserve the right to invoice You following departure, should We deem it necessary to incur cleaning or other charges to remedy any damage or loss You have caused or allowed. If You have given debit/credit card details in order to make payment, then You agree that We may debit that credit card with an amount as may be required to remedy such damage.
12. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of employment. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control.
13. Our rates are quoted ‘per room per night’, and include breakfast, heating, hot water, electricity and housekeeping. If booking online, Your online booking form will show the total amount payable for Your stay. If booking by phone, the total amount payable will be agreed verbally and confirmed by email.
14. If You incur any supplements, they will be added to the total price of the Booking. All supplements purchased during your stay must be paid for in full on presentation of invoice.
15. Rates quoted are correct only for the specific number of guests and room nights on the dates shown. Should You change the number of guests, dates or room nights, then the rates are subject to change.
Bookings & Payments
16. Bookings are made, and a contract between You and Us comes into effect, when We accept a reservation from You. We will accept a reservation when We have confirmed Your reservation and received from You a deposit equivalent to the cost of your first nights’ stay. The balance must be paid by You to Us during or on departure of your stay.
17. Deposit payments can be paid using a valid credit or debit card which We are able to accept, or by cheque at least two weeks in advance of check-in. We do not accept deposit or balance payments by American Express, Diner’s Club or EuroCheque.
18. Balancing payments can be paid using a valid credit or debit card which We are able to accept, during Your stay.
19. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.5% transaction surcharge.
20. You must be able to enter into a legally binding contract and be over 18yrs to make a Booking.
Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds
21. To make a cancellation at any time prior to arrival you must call us on 01668 219622, or email us.
22. We reserve the right to treat each case on its own merits, and may choose to vary the conditions set out in paragraphs 21 to 26 below.
23. Please note that Your deposit is not automatically refundable under any circumstances. We recommend You consider insuring against the possibility of cancellation.
24. If You cancel your booking more than two weeks before your intended check-in date, then the deposit which You have paid (equal to the cost of the first-night’s stay) will be returned, minus a small administration fee of £5.
25. If You cancel within 14 days, then We will retain Your deposit for the first night of Your stay.
26. Any refund We make to You will take account of any bank, credit or other charges We may have incurred in processing the transactions, and also a small administration fee.
27. Amendments which you make to Your booking which result in the cancellation of any ‘room night’ will be treated in accordance with paragraphs 22 to 25 above.
28. If You fail to arrive at Post Office House Bed and Breakfast to take up Your booked accommodation then you will remain liable for the total cost of Your booking.
Cancellation by Us
29. We reserve the right to cancel a booking in the event of any cause beyond Our reasonable control which prevents Us from meeting Our obligations in connection with your booking. In such an event We will refund any payments You have made to Us, in full. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. (Please note; We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond Our control, and We would attempt to offer You alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or acceptable to You, then we would refund all monies you have paid.)
We look forward to welcoming You to Post Office House Bed and Breakfast.